Being an egoist is not good, they say but I want to ask is belittling okay? In this harsh world if you don’t stand up for yourself no one ever will. But I often ask myself, ‘Is it even worth it?’ Strangely, even a pandemic of this scale is not able to teach us the lessons we should learn. We talk about sustainable development, collaborative working etc. but at the end of the day everyone is trying to prove ‘I am better than you.’ The ecosystem encourages you to fight for the ‘spot’ and if you don’t or you choose to let go because you think that’s a very small thing to do, you are labelled as weak. I fail to understand human psyche. Why are we so negatively competitive? Why do we take pride in being selfish? Why are we stuck with the age-old belief of ‘survival of the fittest?’ Isn’t it time we should revamp our thinking and create better environment for growth, positivity and collaboration?
- Life is short. Don’t live unhappy even for a single day. You don’t know what tomorrow will bring in.
- Live in present. Be happy that the present is good. Future is a myth.
- It’s good to save for the rainy day but splurging sometimes for what can give you happiness NOW is also a good idea.
- Thinking about the future too much will not help. Why fret over the unknown?
- Watch, hear and discuss positive things. It’s good to stay updated but don’t let your entire day revolve around negative news.
- Help others in understanding the prevention, causes & cure. Focus on positive talks.
- Closing eyes to a dreadful situation will not help. Stay in touch with the reality and prepare yourself accordingly.
- Remember nothing is permanent. Every phase will come to an end. Stay motivated.
- Anxiety leads to diseases. Avoid stress. Stay calm. Live better.
- Only trust reliable sources of information. Avoid gossip mongers.
- Make healthy habits a part of your regime.
All the lovely ladies out there!
Wish you A Very Happy Women’s Day!
As you keep on spending your energies for others
Don’t forget yourself on the way!
Be your Best Friend!
How easily people cross the boundaries. You smile at them, they think they can be casual with you. You spend some time with them and they start considering you the friend who can easily take their personal jokes. This is especially true for women.
This kind of attitude bothers me. This attitude of ‘everything is ok’ especially when talking to women is a flaw our society is burdened with.
Men must be taught to respect women since childhood. In today’s fast paced world most men are not able to cope up with women’s presence in upper levels, take orders from them and this is adding to the commotion. Men and to a certain degree women believe that it is their birthright to give advice to women on how to behave, how to talk, what to say when. ‘Girls’ must learn how to behave, talk, walk etc while the rest of the world is free to go as you like. Sadly, even after so many years of civilisation, we have not evolved.
As a woman, I often feel like singing the song, ‘It’s my life’ ..many a times in a day 🙂
While having a chat with my teenage brother today, I realised how easy it is for innocent children to fall prey to the world of immoral activities which they believe are ‘cool.’ I was shocked to hear that the closest of friends encourage them to indulge in things which could hamper their physical, mental and emotional growth. In their effort to ‘fit in’, they become so vulnerable.
I felt blessed that I could counsel him at the right moment but what if someone is alone and just believes in the ‘monsters’ and indulge in things that are for sure meant for a dark life. The realisation and the sadness made me jot down a few points which I have pasted on my brother’s wall. Wanted to share with you all there!
A daily yoga routine can help you feel more energetic, and help you regain body-mind balance. These 3 yoga asanas are my favorite as they help me to have a happier mood.
Surya Namaskar or Sun Salutation
This is a sequence of 12 powerful yoga poses. Besides being a great cardiovascular workout, Surya Namaskar is also known to have an immensely positive impact on the body and mind.
Ustrasana or Camel Pose
Believe it or not! Backbends help you to feel more energised and happy.
Happy Baby Pose
The name says it all!
In this busy world we are losing touch with love. But then or now it remains the best feeling ever. When you start caring for someone, the feeling is unmatched. Fall in love for sure..